Thursday 14 November 2013

CPCF1F25 Blog Response #3



In this weeks blog response I will be going over what my fellow classmates wrote in their blogs in regards to advertising and being interpellated or hailed by those who create these advertisements. Now as it obvious to see I of course did not submit an entry for this topic in question which makes it somewhat awkward to do but nonetheless I will be doing it. In reading many of the blog entries that my fellow classmates had done I felt that many missed a major part of the question for the entry, this made a little more difficult to do as I really didn't have much information to pool from on how people felt in regards to the advertisements representing them or if they even felt that they did.


While reading of the entries I noticed that many of my classmates were able to easily recognize what exactly the advertisements were trying to suggest to them just by looking at them especially many of the young women that I read who had chosen advertisements which surrounded beauty and the idea of it. One classmate even acknowledged the use of a famous actress that many people our age grew up with, Emma Watson. "This ad is targeted at girls around my age group because immediately when you look at this picture you think Hermione Granger." In looking at another blog of a fellow classmate I feel like their interpretation of the advertisement they selected was a little over the top, of course this is all up to opinion but the ad that he had chose was group of people in about say their early twenties completely decked out in denim. My classmate seemed to feel like this was an attempt to portray young people are rebellious in which he says It echoes the counter culture and social revolution of the 1960’s." While he sees 60's rebellion I myself see country concert.


One classmate managed to grab my attention with his entry as he did discuss how he felt the advertisement for the playstation 4 that he has chosen really spoke to him and definitely represented him in the way that they chose, stating that their use of people being in a real world version of their games speaks to many gamers as it's a fantasy among many of them to be able to just dive into their favourite game world. He states "I believe that a realistic game is the best kind of game and the closest way to it is to experience it in real life. The advertisement grabbed my attention by putting the actors in scenes of a game and it made me think how fun it would be experience that." Overall I think everyone was able to collectively recognize targets of an advertisement  but weren't able to directly relate it to themselves.

Classmates' blogs in order of quotes:

http://shelbylafreniere.wordpress.com/2013/11/08/blog-entry-3-what-the-hail/ - Shelby Lafreniere

http://mikereidyes.blogspot.ca/ - Mike Reidyes

http://kevinshen94.wordpress.com/ - Kevin Shen

No comments:

Post a Comment